Thursday, December 28, 2006

Nation plans 5 days of mourning for Gerald Ford, and 2 more for James Brown

So I open the Yahoo front page, and see this news:
AP
Nation plans 5 days of mourning for Ford


That's a little presumptuous, isn't it? I mean, all due respects for Gerald Ford [and to his surviving family, please accept our sincere condolences] but I don't remember getting the memo to grieve 5 days for the man. I'm still grieving the loss of The Godfather of Soul, James Brown! After all, he was the Funky President!

Actually, I've been grieving other losses [We've lost some friends and some acquaintances this past year] and I'm having to realize that I could be grieving my own life away if I don't move to the next level of grief which is to leave it after awhile and go on. This trauma recovery stuff is something else, I tells ya!
I will be writing more [now that it's become somewhat lucrative] and making a weekly appearance here. That is my New Year's Resolution! Now if I could only do that with smoking...toodles!

1 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about I hear you completely. I'll be sending you an email soon with some music conference questions ... keep an eye out.

Happy 2007

-DM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home